Anonymous : How long did it take you in the before and after? You look amazing
Thanks so much! In the picture that’s circulating right now, it probably took ~ 4 months. I went from 143.5 lbs to around 135-136 lbs, by running/doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, eating lots of fruits and veggies, and walking around a ton since it was the summer! I’d like to note for anyone else who reads this as well that I’m not currently at that weight anymore, but I am trying to get back to being that healthy :)
"People are just as wonderful as sunsets if you let them be. When I look at a sunset, I don’t find myself saying, ‘Soften the orange a bit on the right hand corner.’ I don’t try to control a sunset. I watch with awe as it unfolds."
Made some healthy and delish chicken stir fry for dinner with my boyfriend! Really wish I had had broccoli, carrots, and even edamame beans to add to this, but no such luck :( I would recommend adding it if you make it at home! I love stir-fry because you can pretty much throw whatever veggies you have into it.
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup dry brown rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 1/4 cup green peppers
- 1/4 cup orange peppers
- 1/4 cup onions
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- In a small pot bring 2 cups of water to a boil
- Add the brown rice and let the pot sit covered on very low heat until all the water is absorbed (~30-40 mins)
- Heat a pan and add 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Add chicken breast to the pan and cook until golden and juices run clear
- Add the peppers and onions to the pan and cook until tender
- If adding broccoli and carrots, they can be steamed in a separate small pot for ~ 5 mins
- Add veggies to the chicken and mix together on low heat
- Add teriyaki sauce and mix for 2 mins
- Turn off heat and let marinate for ~ 5 mins
- Top brown rice with teriyaki chicken and veggies and enjoy!